March 8, 2014

My Priceless Travel Moments (Part 1)

I've been arranging and looking back at my travel photos these days. I miss those times and I can’t wait for my next trip. Then I saw this article (chinese) that people have been sharing on Facebook. I can relate myself to the article and I've done most of them point listed. It makes me feel like I've achieved something in life and that I did not waste my youth. I think that travelling has been a big part of my life so far and I am inspired to re-write it in my own version. So here we go:


青春無價:年輕人在旅行中要做的22件事
Priceless youth: 22 things to do while travelling as a young adult
Click here for My Priceless Travel Moments (Part 2)

1. 住進青年旅舍的8-10人間
1. Stay in a 8-10 beds dorm/youth hostel


Checked.
Gold coast with friends. All the city in New Zealand by myself. Taiwan and Japan with Sean. The picture above is my dorm (Paradiso Backpackers) in Nelson, NZ. Awesome place. They have a pool, well equipped kitchen and free bread and soup everyday (YAY to free food!). Most memorable experience about hostel would be in Base Queenstown where I was the only girl in an 8 beds dorm and I think one of my dorm mate slept naked in Base Auckland. Also, staying in a hostel allows you to interact with people from all over the world (refer point 10) and it’s cheap!

I stay in hostel or budget hotel most of the time while travelling. However, things were a little different when in Bali, Indonesia. 


Sean and I stayed in Askara Villa in Canggu, Bali. The place was a little isolated from the main area hence we paid a mad cheap price for a big villa. The price for this villa per night is the same as staying in a backpackers in Australia for 2 pax. So we indulge ourselves for 2 nights in this villa and back to budget hotel for the rest of our Bali trip. 


2. 挑選一個艱苦的地點,來一次徒步旅行
2. Pick a though location and have a hiking trip

I conquered the highest mountain in Malaysia – Mount Kinabalu! (4095 m)


To sum up the hike: 6 hours hike up – spend a night at Laban Rata – Wake up at 2am – 3 hours hike up to the peak – Sunrise/photo time – 2 hours hike down – breakfast at Laban Rata – 5 hours hike down to base – Can’t walk properly for 2 days








I was suffering from altitude sickness. I couldn’t eat the night before the midnight hike and I vomited for 3-4 times while on the way to the peak. So most of my pictures at the peak were all pale and I couldn’t even smile properly. That was my biggest regret of the trip! One day I will go back and look pretty in the pictures! HAHAHA
And there was no sunrise that day after all the hard work. It rained on the way up and rained heavily on the way down.

After the Mount Kinabalu hike, we are quite into hiking and will go for short hikes occasionally:

Bukit Datuk – easy hike, awesome view



Bukit Tabur – all huge rocks. I enjoy this hike the most but my friends banned this hill after that as it is quite dangerous.


Gunung Nuang – Highest in Selangor. 12 hours hike are we crazy?????


I met this gang of friends through 2 friends that I met during my exchange to Melbourne. They are very sporting and I really enjoy their company. So thanks Jacky for turning over and said Hi to me in Cho Gao!

3. 沉醉於大自然的美景當中
3. Indulge in the beauty of nature

This does not need any explanation. A picture speaks a thousand words!

Rotorua, NZ

Huka Falls, NZ

Mount Cook (right) and Mount Tasman (left), with reflection in Lake Matheson, NZ

Lake Wakana, NZ

Mount Fuji from Lake Kawaguchiko, Japan

Sunset at Sizihwan bay, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (西子湾, 高雄)

4. 欣賞人類創造的建築奇跡

4. Appreciate the architectural wonders of human creation

I have not been to any 7 wonders of the world or similar things. So I gonna include some modern human creation.

Batu Caves, Malaysia

Auckland, NZ

美麗島,Formosa Boulevard Station, Kaohsiung, Taiwan

5. 用外語打情罵俏
5. Flirts in foreign language

No flirting happened. However, I can communicate in the language I am familiar with in most of the countries I’ve been to except for Japan. I did try to speak Japanese with the locals but I only know good morning, good night, goodbye, thank you, sorry and excuse me.

6. 看一場當地音樂會
6. Watch a local concert / music festival

Na-Dah. Maybe I can put it on my to-do-list.

7. 到異地品嘗特色美食
7. Taste the local delights

I love food! Prepare for some photo spam

New Zealand:

Not really a local delights. But burger as big as my face? 
Only from Fergburger, Queenstown. I love the fries with Aioli sauce

Japan:
 Eat all the (cheap) sushi!


Ichiran Ramen


 Eat all the Japanese food!

Taiwan:

 咸豆浆@ 阜杭豆漿Salty bean curd. This is unforgettable!

金仙魯肉飯! 我的妈呀! 

 永康牛肉面! I can never eat something as good back here.


 阿宗面线! I miss you a lot too!

Bali, Indonesia:
 Nasi Campur @ Warung Nikmat

 Another Nasi Campur @ Nasi Pecel Bu Tinuk?

 Random food from random store. But best food in Bali according to Sean.
 
Seafood dinner at Jimbaran Beach @ Lia’s Cafe

8. 到國外當一回志願者
8. Volunteer abroad

Already on my to-do-list

9. 學習一項從未接觸過的技能
9. Learn a skill that you've never learnt

I learnt that I am good in planning a detail itinerary. Hahahaha
... other than that... I think I have not learned much.



No comments:

Post a Comment